Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 2 of my Strength Training

Today is the 2nd day of my 21 day express workout challenge. I increased the weight up to 8lbs on some of the exercises since I was not sore on Monday.

Modified Compound SuperSet #1
Shouders: Dumbbell Upright Rows - 8lbs                           2 sets/18-20 reps/ 60 sec rest
Calves: Two-Legged Dumbbell Calf Raises  - 8lbs             2 sets/18-20 reps/ 60 sec rest


Modified Compound SuperSet #2
Biceps: Dumbbell Curls  -  8lbs                                           2 sets/18-20 reps/ 60 sec rest
Triceps: Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extensions  -  5lbs           2 sets/18-20 reps/ 60 sec rest

On Friday the routine gets more challenging. I am going to struggle with one of the exercises on Friday (push-up with side rotation) The book does have suggestions for working up to the exercise. Next week I will be doing the same exercises but increasing to 3 sets, lowering the reps to 15-18 and the rest between is 45 seconds. Week 3 I will be doing 4 sets, 12-15 reps and 30 second rest.

Today I also went to the Y for Pilates at 5:30. I am enjoying taking Pilates twice a week. I am glad K was back today teaching at the Y. Her teaching style is really good. I went to the beginner class and it had 6 people! 3 were relatively new.

On Saturday LM and I are going to participate in Cardio for Comfort- A fundraiser for Hospice of Lexington being held at the Lexington Athletic Club.







They are going to have a wide range of classes going on for 2 hours. Per the information I have seen they will have 2-3 different classes every 30 minutes. I am excited to try out Boot Camp. I may also give Spinning a chance. The cost is $20 and the benefits are helping out a great organization, a couple of workouts, a t-shirt and the chance for door prizes. I have always wanted to see what LAC is like and now I can. The gym looks really cool/interesting but I know I would not go since it is across town from where I live.

Cardio for Comfort Event Listing on Facebook

Now that I am more active it is fun to find local events to participate in. Run/Walks are listed on a local shoe store's website. There is one every weekend. I will definitely write about them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment