Friday, November 25, 2011

There will be more tests

This past week has been a roller coaster in emotions. The good: Lots of fun was had on Turkey day as well as over last weekend. The bad: Medical tests and inconclusive results.  I have not had as many work outs as I would have liked and my eating has not been as healthy as it could have been. Brain just is not shutting up about the medical issues. I am trying really hard to not use food to block the thoughts. Web searches and getting more knowledge is how I am trying to get thru this.

Now to the medical issues:

On Oct 27th I turned 40 and that is the magic time to get your first mammogram. I went in on Thursday the 17th and had my yearly and then also scheduled my 1st mammogram for sometime in December. While I was at my yearly I mentioned that I was unsure about my IUD and I was still at times having heavy periods. She decided she also wanted to schedule an ultrasound. Since I was already taking a 1/2 day on Friday the 18th I decided to get the ultrasound out of the way at that point.

Come to find out that due to issues at work the building was closed on the 18th and instead of just a 1/2 day I had the whole day off. I was able to reschedule my ultrasound for the morning. Once that was done I asked at the lab if there was a way to squeeze me in for my mammogram as well. Might as well get both out of the way. I was in 'luck' and I got that done as well.

On Tuesday I got a letter about the mammogram. "There appears to be an area of concern that requires additional evaluation". Then my brain did the Oh Shit, Oh Shit, Oh Shit!!! Today... the doctor's office called. It seems there is some issues with the ultrasound and fibroids. They want to get me in for a MRI.  Brain of course starts in on the freaking out again.

Now I am scheduled for both follow-up procedures on Wed morning Nov 30th.

So that has been my medical issues over the past week. 

2 comments:

  1. Try not to panic. The same thing happened to my mom a few weeks ago, and it ended up just being fatty tissue, or something like that. Sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jillian Thanks. I posted about this slightly on FB and heard other stories about it turning out to be nothing major. Hearing this from you and others has helped a lot!

    ReplyDelete