Wow, my first Blog award.
Karen at Waisting Time picked me on Monday as a Stylish Blogger Recipient. I am really in awe and want to thank her for my first award. I have been blogging 4 months now and really having a great time talking about my journey. The other great thing is the connections I have been making with other bloggers. I have laughed, cried, and nodding my head in agreement as I read.
Now to the 7 things about me.
1) I am a water baby. I love the water and wish I lived by the ocean. My background is from a trip to Florida last year. I am trying to get to the beach at least once a year. I wish I could swim better and I am thinking about taking an adult swim class to help that. I do not like to get my face in the water much. Now I just want to find a nice swimsuit that I can do water aerobics in. I think I have bought 3 recently and nothing is just right. Next I think I am going to try the local swim shop. They carry speedo.
2) I was a teenager in the 80's and still long for the feathered hair look. I was not into the 'big hair' but loved having the feathered look around my face. I have layers now but it is not the same. The shortest I have ever had my hair was my shoulders and that is when I was about 10 years old.
3) I am not a big fan of the color green. If you look in my closet right now you would only see 1 green thing and that is a T-shirt that I got free from work. I love the color green in nature, but it so does not look good on me.
4) I really like red. I just like the pink-red-purple spectrum. I keep on buying red shirts lately. I even got this bright pink shirt the last time I went shopping.
5) My pants are mostly black. I am trying to branch out and I have recently purchased some purple capris as well as a beige pair. I do not think I will ever willingly wear White though. *shudder* The white t-shirts I get from conventions get Tie-Dyed.
6) I bought clothing recently in a size 22 and I have been scared to wear them. I am still not believing that I can wear a 22. I worry that they will be too tight and I will have a wardrobe malfunction. I know logically that the pants may be snug but they will fit. I am just not all mentally there yet. I still gravitate to the 24s and even the 26s in the morning. I am doing ok with the 22/24 pants that have some stretch to them. Hopefully in a week or 2 I will be more secure in my wardrobe.
7) I am trying to learn to gracefully say thank you when people comment on my weight loss. I am having a really big problem accepting the praise. I had a random woman today mention it when I was going into the Y. I think she is a regular in the water aerobics class so she has been seeing me for months now. She yelled out of her car window that I was looking good and she could tell I had lost weight. I just find it so hard to answer with style. To not stumble over my words.
Dang this was hard! It took me a bit to get started, but I think I came up with 7 interesting things about me and my style!
Now for my Nominations!
I am suppose to pick 15 but I am not reading that many blogs. I am going to stick with 5!
Noel @ http://noelfigart.com/blog/
Emmie @ http://skinnyemmie.com/
Leila @ http://withinpages.blogspot.com/
Katie @ http://www.areyouwilling.net/ and http://www.zumbafitnesswithkatie.com/
Maia @ http://musingsofmaia.blogspot.com/
Thank you again Karen for my first blog award.