Monday, July 18, 2011

Migraine my old friend

I have had a couple of months pain free but that ended over the weekend. I had been slowly feeling a migraine coming for a couple of days. My brain was starting to fog up and other things. I had been doing things that usually will head it off at the pass but that was not to be this time. Last night I crawled into bed early and when I woke up this morning it blossomed. I was slurring as I talked and could only open my eyes a crack. The sun it burns! Work was called and I spent most of the day in bed with the curtains drawn.

I have not exercised since Thursday. I missed Tai Chi tonight due to the migraine. I am hoping I am up for water aerobics tomorrow but I will have to wait and see. I will be crawling back into bed soon and hope the brain fog lifts some more. I was able to eat some bland things tonight. Comfort foods happened.

In some good news my blood work from Wed came back. My A1c was 5.6 (down .1 from 3 months ago) my total cholesterol was good but my good is still low and my bad is still high. At least the good cholesterol is higher than it was 3 months ago. I think the niacin is helping as well as the exercise.

Time to go crawl back into bed. Tomorrow is another day.

2 comments:

  1. I get migraines too, so I DEFINITELY feel your pain. Especially the light sensitivity. Hope you can ride it out tolerably and that you feel better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maia. I am feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete