Thursday, July 14, 2011

NSV Thursday

I had my 3 month follow up yesterday with my great primary doctor.  She was very happy with my weight loss and my blood pressure. I am happy that she has provided me with my 3 Non-scale victories today!

1) I am now off Glyburide completely! 

2) My water pill (Furosemide) dosage has been cut in half. I was taking 1-2 40mg pills a day and now the recommendation is a 20 mg pill daily if needed. I can take 2 if the swelling is bad because of it being the summer. 

3) She wants to see me back in 6 months instead of the usual 3 since I am doing so well. 


Why yes I am really pleased with my results! Of course she mentioned the dreaded M word (mammogram) when she saw that in October I will be turning 40. The other annoying thing was the new handout they had to give out. The nurse lists your BMI in a spot and the handout just gives ideas/guidelines about what the BMI means and how to change it. The nurse was so not enthused about doing it. She said that if I said I smoked then she would have had another handout for me. I did get my blood drawn for a fasting lipid and a 3 month sugar test. I should get the results in about a week. I was so glad to eat at 3:30!

What are some of your NSVs this week? 


1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I did fasting bloodwork yesterday and whined about being thirsty... and mine was hours and hours before yours!

    ReplyDelete