Monday, March 21, 2011

Exercise Recap

Tonight I went to the Y and did 25 minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the elliptical. I found my MP3 player the other day and put 3 albums on it so that I would have something to listen to as I did my cardio. It made a BIG difference. I am usually a slow walker and one of my goals is to be able to work up to where I do can a 20 minute mile. Usually I average a 28-30 minute mile. Tonight with the music I did 1 mile in the 25 minutes I was on the treadmill!!!

Yes a 25 minute mile. I was ecstatic!!

 My heart rate was up for most of the time. There was one time that it got a bit too high but I was able to back it down.  My knee did not hurt and my legs did not burn in a bad way. I am still giddy about the mile!

Now when I got home after the workout I checked my blood sugar and it was down to 68. I probably need to start taking some hard candy with me for when I finish a workout since my blood sugar is going below 70 most times.

Edit: I had some Grape Juice and after 15 minutes it was up to 89. I got my info about blood glucose levels from: http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/hypoglycemia/

0 comments:

Post a Comment