Thursday, March 17, 2011

Health Issues

In the past year my health issues have gotten worse which is a big reason for me losing weight. At this time I have 4 major health issues:

Type 2 Diabetes: Just diagnosed in the past year but was pre-diabetic for at least 2 years. I am on 2 medications- Glyburide at 5mg twice daily and Metformin at 1000 mg once daily

High Blood Pressure (HBP):  I have had this for years but recently had to add another medication and increase my dosage. I am on Furosemide as needed in the morning since it is a diuretic and Losartan once daily at night.

Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS): This is another thing that I have been diagnosed with for years but no real treatment other than Metformin for years. I use to blame this on why I am fat and why I was not losing weight. My convenient excuse that I would trot out at times. It also causes me to have some hair growth and acne.

Osteoarthritis (OA): I have been thru 2 rounds of physical therapy for this in the last 5 years. I have been on prescription pain meds and over the counter meds to treat the inflammation and pain. It makes my knees pop and grind at times and sometimes makes it hard to exercise. Last time I went to the doctor he wanted to inject some stuff into my joint to help with the movement and pain. I am not ready for that at this time. I am bad about keeping up with the exercises. It did not help that 2 weeks ago I tripped when I left the Y and fell. My knee popped bad and I was in pain and had swelling for about a week. I am still not 100% but much better. 

That is my health issues in a nutshell. All should become easier to deal with as I lose weight. I am being very proactive about checking my numbers daily so that when I have my next appointment with my wonderful doctor I can see if we need to adjust any of my meds. That appointment is scheduled for April 12th.

0 comments:

Post a Comment