Sunday, March 20, 2011

Exercise

I have a Y membership that I started on February 1st. It has been great to go to some of the water aerobics classes and also use the equipment. I need to remember that it is not the only way to get exercise. This morning is a case in point. I wanted to get about 30 minutes in before I had to take my boyfriend to his gaming group. He likes to be there about 1pm and I knew that the Y did not open till noon. To get to the Y, exercise, then come home and shower would be cutting it way too close even if I got there right when it opened. Then I realized that I needed some things from Dollar Tree and wow it is within walking distance. It took me 10 minutes to get there. I quickly went up and down the aisles for about 10 minutes and then walked home. I made it a bit longer by going past my street to the next light and then back tracked to my street. It got me another 20 minutes of walking and was home by 12:15 so I could shower and be ready to take JD to gaming.

With the walking workout I did today I got to my 80 points needed for my work's exercise challenge. Below is the rules for the challenge. It is so cool that I got the 800 minutes of exercise in 7 weeks and not the full 8 weeks!


This also means by completing this challenge I have earned enough points to earn the incentive my work does for participating in the wellness program. They have been doing the wellness program for at least 3 years now. The website for the program has a lot of good information with articles, recipes, exercises, etc. I have participated all 3 years, but this year is the first time that I feel I am not just doing it for the incentive money.

Side note I got a pair of 10-lb neoprene dumbbells at Target today. They were on sale! Now I have dumbbell pairs in 2/3/5/8/10 lbs for weight work at home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment