Monday, April 4, 2011

I don't wanna!!!

Today has been a rainy icky day. The wind came thru and the temperature dropped about 25 degrees in a couple of hours. This caused my knees to hurt and pop. I have moderate arthritis in both of my knees and I have had physical therapy twice in the past 5 years. One doctor even suggested that I get a shot of some synthetic fluid to help the with the pain and movement. I do not feel that I needed the shot at this time. Maybe later. I just have to strengthen my leg muscles and just be careful at times. The weather does affect my knees and a day like this is a doozy. Because of this I did give serious thought to not going to the Y tonight. I just did not want to go. But then I would be letting my roommate down since she wanted to go.

I started out on the treadmill and was bored and annoyed. I lasted 10 minutes and decided to move to another piece of equipment. I decided to try the recumbent bike and was unable to do it. I could not find a good setting to have my knee not hurt. I did not give up though. I then moved to the Precor Elliptical machine. Sometimes it is my enemy and other times it is my favorite thing. Tonight I did a great 10 minutes. My knees did not hurt or pop and I was able to increase the resistance. It so helped that a great song started on my MP3 player. I got into a zone. 10 minutes was enough and I ended with 20 minutes of cardio. I can live with that. LM did about 30 minutes so while she was finishing up I went to the empty group exercise room and practiced the first 4 Tai Chi moves that I learned on Saturday. I have to pull out the handouts though since I think I might have 1 part incorrect.

We got done and then headed out to get JD from work. Once I got home I had a small snack and also checked my blood sugar. I was feeling alittle different, but not all that worried. My reading came in at 68... which is low. I decided that having some juice in addition to my snack was in order. It has been about 45 minutes and my blood sugar is now at 98. I am happy.

I will end this with links to 2 posts on blogs that I have been reading regularly.

Health and Fitness Lies- Written by Noel Figart

Skinny Emmie's 1/2 Marathon Recap

OK, and one more.

Skinny Emmie's most recent post  In this she talks about how her heart and her head are not in sync today after what she did yesterday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment