Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekends are always the hardest

Weekends are always the hardest for me to make healthy food choices. I am getting better but sometimes I just want to go all out and EAT. This weekend I have gone over my goal of being under 1800 but not as much as I use to. I got a 550 meal when I went to Applebees on Friday night that was very good and I planned what I was going to get when we went to Qdoba for dinner on Saturday. My restaurant meals out are not including appetizers and desserts. I am getting smaller meals and getting something other than fries as the sides. I really think Friday and Saturday I was under 3000 calories and maybe under 2500. With my current weight these numbers are still lower or right near what I have seen as my BMR and my activity level. This is good progress.

Friday I took the night off from working out since I had gone M-Th. On Saturday I got up and headed to my Tai Chi class. We had a small history lesson and explanation of what Tai Chi is and then learned the first 4 moves of the form. My legs are going to get such a workout! It is great. I know it will help the arthritis in my knees. After the class I went upstairs and did 20 minutes on a treadmill.

Today my roommate went with me to the Y and she joined as well. WooHoo. It is going to be really nice having someone to go with. We will probably do different things at times since she is not into water aerobics. Today we did 20 minutes on the treadmill. My knees have been giving me some fits today. They are sore and have been popping alittle bit. I have taken some meds for it.

After the Y we went over to Target and I got a pair of Swim Shorts to go with the tankini from the swim set I got earlier. I am just not going to be able to wear the skirt to water aerobics and I need to get rid of the swimsuit I have been using. I might get another suit later as well. My biggest problem with a regular suit is so many have french (high) cut leg holes. I know I can find ones that are not that way, but need to look around. I will also need to wait alittle bit since today I paid for another 3 months at the Y.

Edit: and tonight dinner ended up being Chinese Buffet. There is a new one that just opened yesterday on New Circle Rd.  It was good, but I am so full. Another reason I am glad I have my weigh ins on Fridays.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have an issue eating healthy food on the weekends, but it is more difficult for me to stay within my calorie range. During the week I am busy, and it is easier to just have my planned snacks and meals. Whenever I have more free time, I find myself looking for food! I'm getting better though. :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete