Saturday, April 9, 2011

Weekend Ponderings- Finding the good things

TMI moment here... Aunt Flo started her visit yesterday. For me this includes cramps and crankiness with a side of paranoia and headaches. I have a hard time being in my skin at this time. I know I want to eat and little things magnify in my head. I had a really good loss on the scale yesterday. I know this. Yet I have this thought of it is not good enough running around in my head. I am feeling almost worse about the 'only'  2.4 lbs lost than I did when I gained 1 lb after coming back from vacation. To counteract these thoughts I am going to list 10 good things that have happened in the past 24 hours.

  1. Date Night with JD: We went to I Ching and then to see Your Highness at Regal. The cool thing is that we left the car parked by I Ching and walked down the street to the theater. It was not a long walk but way more than I would have done just 3 months ago.
  2. I went with LM to the Y this morning and did 30 minutes on the elliptical. I was able to bump up the resistance and not have my heart rate go thru the roof. 
  3. I have read some great posts on blogs that I am following.
  4. My blood sugar is staying in line and at times is being low
  5. My blood pressure is definitely going too low at times and I believe my doctor on Wednesday will have to adjust my medications.
  6. There is a bird's nest in our tree out front and I think there might be eggs. 
  7. The thunderstorms earlier were great and now the skies are clear and the day is beautiful.
  8. When I went to Meijer today to get some items I did not circle the parking lot waiting for a really close parking spot to open up. I parked in one of the first places I saw and did not think twice about the walk to the door. 
  9. I got 27 items for $31 at Meijer because of a good sale. I got some frozen Green Giant veggies that will be great. I have found that having an assortment of frozen veggies keeps me from getting bored with veggies. I am going to give brussell sprouts another chance.
  10. I found my Favorite flavor of El Monterey Taquitos at Meijer. Kroger has not been carrying them lately. They are the Southwest Chicken ones in a seasoned batter.
I love that these have 170 calories for 2. I can heat them up for a quick snack after work and before going to water aerobics or have them for lunch with some veggies and maybe a mini candy bar. I got 2 bags.
 This time of year I can get my mini cadbury creme eggs. They are only 40 calories an egg. I use to eat a whole big one but that was almost always too much. These are just the right size to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Now I am debating about walking over to dollar tree. Another NSV! 3 months ago I would be wishing I could walk over but not feel confident enough that I would be able to handle the short walk.

0 comments:

Post a Comment